Saturday, August 20, 2016

Toasty Critic's Day Off

Good morning readers.

I know that I am trying to write about films from my perspective, and while I could be content to sit back and write once a week encapsulating a film or two that came out recently, I think that this blog should be about far more than just that.  I would love for this blog to become part of the discussion about film and film making.  I want for people to have the opportunity to discuss about film themselves and what they found beautiful or wonderful in a particular film.  While I will moderate the commentary that is posted on my page, taking out anything that I believe denigrates another person or their opinion, I would love for this to become a free flowing discussion.  So I do plan on writing about more than just the weekly cinematic efforts.

Suffice it to say, I did hope to have a review up yesterday about a film I had planned on watching.  I was looking forward to going and then sharing my review with you, but things came up and I did not get the chance to get to a movie yesterday.  I do plan on getting to it on Monday and hope to have a review up for you late Monday or early Tuesday discussing the film that I watched this week.  In the meantime I am going to post reviews on my Top 5 favorite films of all time.  Of course all of these titles are subject to change.  It is possible that at any time a film could fall out of my Top 5 and a new one be added, but these films have been fairly static over the years.  There is not a film newer than 1994.  This could be a current commentary on modern film I suppose.  Or it's just that these films are so good and have stood the test of time, and that a new film just hasn't blown me away in the same way.  Who knows?  But obviously I hope for this to be a fodder for the discussion of your own favorite movies.  Feel free to engage and as always your commentary is welcome.

Finally, for the movie week of August 27th, I had no real standout feature that I was going to write a review on.  I have taken a look about what is coming out, and I had no clue in which direction to go.  So I am going to leave it up to you and will watch the film that you select for me on that week.  Then I will get the review up as soon as possible.  I am going to list the movies, plus a few more coming out this week that I wasn't planning on reviewing, but still might be interested in watching and possibly reviewing.  Your vote will decide what I do.

Mechanic
Don't Breathe
I Am Not a Serial Killer
Ben Hur
War Dogs
Kubo and the Two Strings

Thanks for your interest in my blog.  And take a look at my top 5 movie reviews which I will begin with the first film on the list today.

No comments:

Post a Comment